- Benefit Without Injury ™ pays the employee a cash benefit if their family has not suffered a claim for five years. Guardian will pay for the benefit even if there are requests for basic wellness and / or concussion studies made during that time.
- Rainy Day Fund pay up to $ 500 annually to cover costs that are insurable by an individual policy but that are not covered by the policy due to limitations, such as the frequency of follow-up visits or physiotherapy sessions, over a defined period of time. For any amount not used during the year, up to half of the initial fund will be carried over to the following year, up to a limit of $ 1,000 (see example below).
“We asked consumers what they most expected from an accident prevention product in order to better understand what they would like and appreciate. Our latest enhancements provide maximum coverage to give them what they want – a return on their investment, ”said Mike estet, vice-president, group products and site manager, Guardian. “Offering Guardian accident insurance can help employers strengthen the financial security of their workforce and help employees manage high health care deductibles. “
Accidents happen, this product can help
Employers can offer this employee-paid insurance coverage to enhance their overall benefits package and help strengthen employee financial protection. As an example of how Guardian’s new Rainy Day Fund feature helps deal with the unexpected, consider the following scenario: Joe is bowling with his family when he drops a bowling ball on his foot and broke three toes.
Joe was paying $ 39 one month for the Guardian’s Accident Plan (Platinum) covering his family
Key Additional Features of Guardian Accident Insurance:
- New automatic increase benefit: Provides an automatic five percent increase in benefits each year for each policy for up to five years, with no increase in an employee’s premium.
- Greater flexibility in plan design: Guardian now offers four standard accident insurance plans with a wide range of coverage options.
- More features covered: Includes Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Due to Covered Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury, Gunshot Wound, and outpatient therapies such as occupational therapy, speech therapy, respiratory therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Unexpected injuries can impact a family’s financial well-being and lead to increased stress. According to the Guardian 6e According to an annual Workplace Benefits Study, 44% of Americans working in HDHP report avoiding medical attention in the past year due to their high deductibles. For the first time, employers can offer their employees accident insurance that can reimburse them while safeguarding them.
Guardian’s enhanced accident product is now available for quotation in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Caroline from the south, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Virginia, and Vermont.
To learn more about Guardian’s Accident coverage, please click here.
Every day, Guardian gives Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term vision has helped our clients prepare for whatever life throws at them, whether it’s starting a family, planning for the future, or taking care of its employees. . Today, we are a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life insurance, disability, dental and other benefits for individuals, in the workplace and through sponsored programs. by the government. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives are committed to expertly serving when, where and how our customers need us. Our commitments are built on a solid financial foundation which, at the end of 2018, included $ 8.5 billion in capital and $ 1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
For media inquiries, contact:
Brenda Mendoza Messinger
The Rainy Day Fund does not apply to services without limitation of frequency or to welfare claims. Covered benefits include: air ambulance, ambulance, blood / plasma / platelets, chiropractic visits, diagnostic (major) exam, follow-up doctor visits, emergency dental treatment, pain management from epidural anesthesia, injury to eye, family care, fractures, gunshot wound, hospitalization, hospitalization in intensive care, arthroplasty, knee cartilage, accommodation, outpatient therapy, hospitalization in a rehabilitation unit, ruptured disc with surgical repair, surgery (cranial, open abdominal, thoracic, hernia), surgery (exploratory and arthroscopic), transport and radiography. Automatic increase option: The insured person must be insured under the certificate for 12 consecutive months before the first adjustment is applied. Does not apply to disability, hospitalization for sickness and welfare benefits. Guardian accident insurance is underwritten and issued by The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, new York, New York. Products are not available in all states. The limitations and exclusions of the policy apply. Optional endorsements and / or features may incur additional charges. Plan documents are the final arbiter of coverage. This policy provides accident insurance only. It does not provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical insurance as defined by the New York State Department of Financial Services. IMPORTANT NOTICE – THIS POLICY DOES NOT PROVIDE ILLNESS COVERAGE. 2019-80511 (6/21)
1 Henry Kaiser Family Foundation, Health Costs, 2019
2 Bank money pulse survey, January 5-8, 2017
3 Guardian; How to deal with uncertainty in healthcare, 2019
SOURCE The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America