Indians were the recipients of the worst second phase of Covid-19. Most nations closed their borders to Indians after new variants first emerged from India, which was reportedly more aggressive and deadly.
Slowly and steadily, after months of strict travel restrictions for Indians, some countries have started to ease the restrictions. Only a few countries like Russia and Serbia have continued to welcome Indian visitors even at the height of the Covid-19 crisis.
While some have announced the opening of their airspace for flights from India, there are conditions to be respected; for many other countries, entry from India is still based on privileged visas.
So, for those intending to pack their bags and head to a foreign destination for a well-deserved vacation – a Covid respite – here’s a rundown:
Russia is open to Indian travelers. Some tour operators even offered vaccination trips to Russia and back with a vacation package.
Passengers entering the Federation must have a printed negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued no later than 72 hours before arrival.
There are also quarantine requirements since Moscow is on lockdown due to the increase in Covid cases. Seven-day self-isolation at home or in a hotel room.
While Serbia is open to Indian travelers, getting to Belgrade and researching flight options could be a tough one.
Visitors must provide a negative RT-PCR test performed up to 48 hours before departure. Does not apply to passengers under 12 years old.
Egypt has opened up to Indian travelers although flights can be difficult to find.
Although Cairo and its surroundings are not a problem, reports suggest that restrictions remain for tourists arriving in the coastal governorates of the Red Sea, southern Sinai and Matruh, to travel to other governorates in the region. ‘Egypt.
Travelers will be required to present a negative RT-PCR test, dated within 72 hours, and all arrivals will be required to complete a health declaration.
Afghanistan is open to Indians with a valid visa. While visas are issued approved by the embassy, ââthe mission advises against traveling to Kabul given the Covid situation in Afghanistan.
Arriving passengers do not need to carry an RT-PCR test certificate. However, they are advised to quarantine themselves at home for 14 days upon arrival.
Mauritius will open to international travelers from July 15, 2021. During the first phase (July 15-September 30, 2021), vaccinated travelers will be allowed to spend resort vacations; a list of pre-approved Covid-19 secure complexes will be available from June 20, 2021, at www.mauritiusnow.com.
For phase 2 (starting October 1, 2021), vaccinated travelers will be allowed entry without restrictions upon presentation of a negative RT-PCR test performed up to 72 hours before departure.
Travelers aged 18 and over should be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. They must undergo an RT-PCR test between five and seven days before departure – only those who test negative can enter the island nation. Travelers will also need to take an RT-PCR test upon arrival at Mauritius airport and on days 7 and 14 of their resort vacation, as applicable. Unvaccinated travelers will be subject to a 14-day in-room quarantine for Phases 1 and 2 until further notice.
These are countries that have individually announced or decided to open up to Indian travelers.
However, according to VFS Global, the world’s largest specialist in outsourcing and technology services for governments and diplomatic missions around the world, the updated list of countries easing restrictions or allowing and opening visa applications is split. into several categories. While most countries still do not allow travelers, some have started to accept visa applications for âall categoriesâ. Still others only allow those belonging to a certain category, such as students, businesses, etc.
âIn accordance with the lockdown / curfew restrictions announced in some states in India, some VFS Global visa application centers are currently temporarily closed in some cities. VFS Global works in strict accordance with client government guidelines as well as local state government guidelines, âsaid a statement from VFS.
Adding: “The visa application center information listed in the table below is as of June 19, 2021. As this information is fluid and updated regularly, please visit the country specific websites on www.vfsglobal.com for the most recent information. Real-time updates are also posted on our social media channels and on the Covid-19 Customer Reviews page. “
The list is as follows:
All visa categories –
- Belarus (Centers – Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai)
- Croatia (Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Calcutta, Kochi)
- Denmark – All categories – if applicants meet a valid objective, can apply for visa (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kochi)
- Lebanon (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, New Delhi and Kolkata)
- South Africa (Centers – Mumbai, Bangalore, New Delhi, Kolkata)
- Turkey (Centers – Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Chennai, Bengaluru and New Delhi)
- UAE -DVPC (Centers – Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi and Mumbai)
- United Kingdom (UK) is open for visa applications, but ‘visitor’ category can apply, but the application will be pending as long as India is on the red list (Centers – New Delhi, Jalandhar, Kolkata , Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad and Chandigarh)
- Ukraine (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, New Delhi and Kolkata)
Cases pre-approved by the Embassy –
- Austria (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi)
- Estonia (Centers – Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kochi, Delhi, Chennai)
- Hungary (Centers – New Delhi)
- Iceland (Centers – New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kochi, Hyderabad)
- Ireland (Centers – New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kochi, Hyderabad)
- Switzerland (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi)
Certain categories of visas –
- Sailors (by appointment) & files pre-approved by the Embassy
- Long-term work permit, residence and student permit. (Jurisdiction applies) (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi)
- Open (as of June 21, 2021)
- Students (biometrics only)
- Family members of EU and Lithuanian citizens (C visa)
- Residence permit
- Foreigners traveling for other essential purposes (eligibility to be confirmed by Embassy for all categories) (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi)
- Residence, work and business visas, All visa categories in Delhi (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi)
- Short-stay visa applications with prior approval from the Embassy
- Students with preconditions
- Visit our website for updated information (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata)
- Cases pre-approved by the embassy, ââD visa for family reunification cases, certificate
- Mumbai accepts student and credit card applications (jurisdiction applies) (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi)
- North India – Business Visa, Attestation, Students and Sailors
- East India – Students, Sailors, Transit, Business, Family Reunion
- West and South India
- 1. Student and sailor
- Business visa with embassy pre-approval (jurisdiction applies) (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi)
- Pre-approved embassy and D-visa cases (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kochi)
- Family members of EU and Lithuanian citizens (C visa)
- Residence permit
- Foreigners traveling for other essential purposes (eligibility confirmed by Embassy C and D visa (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata)
- Long term and pre-approved embassy cases (Centers – Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi)
- Long stay and other categories (postal requests only) (Centers – New Delhi)
- Visa stamping only. All others are temporarily closed (Centers – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kochi, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad)
- Long term only (Centers – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, New Delhi and Kolkata)
- Sailor (with appointment), pre-approved cases from the Embassy, ââfamily reunification and certificate (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata)
- Long term only (Centers – New Delhi and Kolkata)
- Short stay category (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi)
** Please note that there is always an entry ban and therefore customers must sign an information letter stating that there is an entry ban and most requests are denied
- VISA TR, STV and long stay non OA, non B (employment) and medical treatment (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kochi and Hyderabad)
- Alone sailor, diplomats, humanitarian
- Business cases with pre-approvals from embassies
- (Centers – Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore)
Check the website for details.
- C1 / D, F1, H1B, H4, J1, L1, M1 – These are mainly student, work, business, spouse visas
- (Centers – Chandigarh, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Pune, Delhi, Jalandhar (restarted from June 17), Hyderabad
Single entry visas –
- (Centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad)
- Czech Republic