Deadline: 25 Sep 22
The Australian Embassy in Zimbabwe is seeking applications for its Harare Direct Aid Program 2022-2023 to support projects with a strong development and human rights focus that complement the wider aid priorities of Australia and contribute to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.
The Direct Assistance Program (DAP) is a flexible, small grants program funded by the Australian Government and administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Diplomatic Missions Abroad. DAP projects must promote a distinct and positive image of Australia.
- There is no minimum amount that a single DAP project can receive, but the maximum is 60,000 AUD (approximately 40,000 USD – the amount varies depending on the exchange rate) over the duration of the project.
- Activities can last up to a maximum of two years.
- DAP activities should primarily aim to achieve direct, practical, tangible and immediate results with high development impact.
- The DAP can fund the following thematic areas: gender equality, good governance (including accountability and transparency of government institutions), access to justice, civic participation, health (physical and mental), social inclusion, education, WASH, resilience to climate change, conservation, community and/or rural development, sustainable livelihoods, income generation/economic empowerment and human rights.
- Please note that DAP will favorably consider projects:
- support climate change resilience, conservation and environmental protection
- supporting community health and infrastructure
- where target beneficiaries include vulnerable and marginalized groups – in particular women, children, people with disabilities and discriminated groups (e.g. LGBTI+)
- where applicants and their communities contribute labor, materials, transportation, or cash
- sports activities that promote educational and cultural exchanges and interpersonal ties
- that are innovative, achievable and have lasting results
- projects that provide academic or vocational/skills training
DAP is available on a not-for-profit basis to international and local NGOs, civil society organizations, and other community-based organizations engaged in development and human rights activities in countries of DAP accreditation. ‘Embassy: Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Republic of Congo, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more information, visit https://zimbabwe.embassy.gov.au/hare/dap.html