PHUKET: Phuket officials have announced that people wishing to enter Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox program can now do so on Visa on Arrival (VOA).
The announcement was posted online last night (October 4), but no further details were released. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has yet to announce the decision through its official channels.
The notice posted online last night was titled “Arrival conditions for visitors to ‘Phuket Sandbox’ wishing to apply for a ‘Visa on Arrival’ (VOA)”.
The conditions and process for entering Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox program on a VOA was explained as follows:
1. Make sure you have an approved âCertificate of Entryâ (COE) before you fly to Thailand (printed version required). You can apply for the COE for Visa on Arrival via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th
2. Download the mobile app on arrival (which app was not specified)
3. Be prepared to have the documents checked at âPort Health and Quarantineâ at Phuket International Airport.
4. When applying for “Visa on arrival”, you will need to:
– Complete the application form provided
– Make sure your passport is valid for at least 30 days
– Have a confirmed return plane ticket
– Hava ‘SHABA’ confirmation of a ‘SHA Plus’ hotel for a minimum of 7 days
– Show you are carrying 10,000 baht (20,000 for a family) in any currency
– 2,000 baht for “Visa application fees”
5. Clear the “Immigration” process
6. Go to the luggage room and collect the luggage
7. Go to “Customs”
8. Go outside the terminal to the mandatory ‘RT-PCR’ Covid-19 test station
9. Departure to your SHA Plus hotel with pre-booked âSHA Plusâ transport (directly without stops en route)
Note that the notice was marked in red: âPlease note that the VOA will only be granted for 15 days and cannot be extended. “