The United States of America is one of the most desirable places to travel or live. But another fact is that a US visa is one of the most difficult visas to obtain. But thanks to the US Visa Waiver Program, citizens of countries like Australia and South Korea can easily obtain a US visa.
US visa for Australian citizens
If you are an Australian and want to visit the United States for a short time, you can apply for a US visa for Australian citizens through an online portal. Australian citizens do not need to apply for a regular US visa for Australian citizens, as Australia falls under a US visa waiver program which means Australian citizens can visit the US with an ESTA. ESTA is an electronic form of visa that is easy to obtain without going to the US Embassy.
The Electronic US Visa for Australian Citizens is required for all visitors with an Australian passport. If you do not have an ESTA or a regular visa, you will be deported to your country.
US visa for South Korean citizens
South Korea also falls under the US Visa Waiver Program. South Korean citizens can therefore also apply for a US visa for South Korean citizens online. This online visa for South Korean citizens is mandatory, not an option.
You can only apply for a US visa online for South Korean citizens if you have a regular passport, otherwise you will need to follow the regular visa application process. And a regular visa application process can take up to 7 days or even longer to get your visa approved.
Things to know before applying for a US visa
The United States is known for its dynamic and open society. If you are a fan of modern culture, you can apply for a US visa. Here is some information you need to know before applying for a US visa.
- The US visa for Australian citizens and South Korean citizens is valid for up to 2 years from the date of your application. But you can only stay up to 90 days with ESTA.
- If you want to stay longer than 90 days in the United States, you will need to apply for a US visa for South Korean citizens and Australian citizens through offline channels.
- You must be fully vaccinated against covid or you must have a negative covid certificate.
- No criminal case should be registered against you.
- Visitors who have recently visited terrorism-prone countries or hostile countries like Iraq, Iran, North Korea will not be permitted to travel to the United States via ESTA. You will need to apply through a regular offline channel.
- It may take up to 30 minutes to complete the entire online visa application process.
- Make sure you fill in all the data correctly. Any inconsistency in the data may result in the rejection of your application.
- You do not need to carry a physical copy of the ESTA with you as it is stored in US systems against your passport.
US visa requirements
To apply for a US visa, you must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity. In addition to the passport, you will need a passport size photo, phone number, valid email ID and a valid reason for your trip.
You will also need to upload supporting documents to confirm your reason for visiting the United States. And don’t forget to keep a debit or credit card to pay the visa processing fee.
How to apply for a US visa?
- Go to the US Department of Customs and Border Protection https://www.cbp.gov/.
- Click on Request an ESTA.
- Complete the form correctly.
- Upload supporting documents.
- Pay the visa processing fee.
- Once your application has been accepted, you will receive a confirmation message on your email id.
Company Name: United States official
Contact person: SchumacherThomas Watson
E-mail: Send an email
Call: +49 30 8800880